10 Reasons to join the PTFA
10 reasons why we need your help!
As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY members of the PTFA… your voice counts.
Our PTFA depends on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The teachers and head support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no PTFA – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
The PTFA is a mixture of parents and friends of the school, who work together for the benefit of Blessed William Howard. Some are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the PTFA is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the PTFA will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
- You are vital to the success of the school
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTFAs for funds.
- Without the funds raised by the PTFA, your child would not get the benefits of:
- School minibus
- New sound system for the hall
- It’s TOTALLY flexible!
- There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
- Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTFA is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don’t have to attend PTFA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
- You’ll feel more connected
- There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
- You’ll get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar basis.
- You’ll be part of a great network
- Every PTFA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
- Make a difference
- By volunteering to help the PTFA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
- Our PTFA strives to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
- We’re not just for mums!
- It’s important to our PTFA, our school and our students to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
- Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
- Be a role model
- By getting involved with our PTFA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
- What the PTFA does affects every parent (and student)
- Your voice matters – the PTFA is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
- It’s fun!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
- Get your whole family involved!
Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTFA events such as Christmas Shopping Nights, Barn Dances and Murder Mystery Evenings will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the PTFA helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.